As promised, we talk about how to plan ahead for long shut-in days during winter. Cabin fever with kids is bad enough in suburban McMansions, what about in a Tiny House? If you don’t have things prepared to keep the kids (and yourselves) entertained, things can get real old real quick.
We also talk about a new attack on Kombucha brewers by the federal regulators of alcohol taxation. A classic Jason Rant ensues.
Topics and links for the day:
- Thanks to our early adopter listeners for helping us make it onto iTunes’s “New and Notable” screen. Let’s work on sharing and subscribing more so we can get from line 3 to line 1!
- Updates on physical winter preps, and how awesome Agribon is for frost protection and excluding the locust plague.
- How to keep kids entertained over winter — keep your best ideas ‘in your pocket’ for the worst weather days.
- Kombucha regulation. Why are the feds harassing the brewers of this tasty (to some people) and beneficial (to most people) probiotic drink? Learn about what U.S. Rep Jared Polis (D-Colo) is doing to get the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau to lay off commercial and small brewers. And it’s not enough just to rant — we share some *ACTION ITEMS* to actually *DO* about this.
- What’s on tap for the rest of the week on the farm.