This time on The ‘Steadcast: what’s up with Barn 2.0, the mistakes we made on the farm this week, how small farms are like geese, and the pasture-raised life segment is “the only nice weather day was yesterday.”
Barn 2.0 roof is on!
I visited a store next to the new laundromat, and was briefly excited to go in and see what it was like, and how much a load of laundry cost there. During the winter we’ve had to drive almost an hour into Colorado Springs to use the coin laundry. But realized I don’t NEED the laundromat anymore because we have A BARN ROOF NOW!!! And we’re going to get our washing machine out of the storage unit!
Then Tera Lynn said “yeah, but we don’t have electricity in there yet, we don’t have it plumbed….” sooo, it’s $1.25 a load, in case you were wondring. Which is nice. And a lot closer.
A very local guy who used to own a construction business up north in Denver stepped up for us and completed the barn when SO MANY so called ‘real’ roofing companies left us hanging the last several months.
Now it’s pretty dark in there, though. So now we have to get lights, I guess.
Oh well, it’s always ONE MORE THING on the homestead, isn’t it.
Other interesting things to listen for…
- The benefit of line drying even if you DO have a roofed barn utility room for a washer and dryer
- More updates from the farm! Especially “what we screwed up this week,” including the Tiny House fresh water pump, bolting green leafy veggies, and leaks in the piggies’ waterers.
- Some of you have taken our call to action to heart and started leaving reviews on iTunes and Stitcher!
- Out on The Pasture Raised Life… The only nice-weather day was yesterday
- Why “competing” organic local food producers are like geese. In a good way.